Monday, October 11, 2010

CASE Study #9 and C4C58 - Happy Birthday!


Good Monday morning and Happy Columbus Day! I hope you are one of the lucky ones getting a holiday today! Alas, I am not...

I made a couple of cards for some challenges this weekend. This card is for CASE Study challenge #9, which was to create a card using Barbara Anders' card to the right as the inspiration.  It also fits this week's Crazy 4 Challenges 'Make a Birthday Card' challenge (C4C58), which is hosted by my friend and fellow October birthday girl, Silke Ledlow

I really liked this card from Barbara, so my interpretation is fairly literal.  I used Papertrey Ink's Background Basics Borders for the main panel and added some blue Memory Box crystals on top of some of the dots in the image. 

I made the flower using one of PTI's Beautiful Blooms flower die sets and their Library Ledger paper, then distressed it using their Tea Dye Duo.  The leaves and border are both Martha Stewart punches and the brad is from K & Company.  The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set.  Hope you like this Clean and Simple card!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

10 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very cute card, Robin :) Your flower is GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for playing with us! xxx

Anonymous said...

Love it! The flower is especially creative and cute! qkk

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful Robin - I love the colors and your flower is awesome!

Peppermintpatty said...

WOW! Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Love it!

Ayana Posadas said...

Stunning card, Robin!!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh love that paper and your design, Robin! Great card! TFS!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...what a gorgeous card Robin!!! You did Barb proud :)!!! So happy you had a chance to play the C4C with us too!!!

Sorry...I've been so quiet...live & work are busy!!! Girls keep me busy too...and if it's not them it's hubby...LOL!!! Hope GK made it oaky to Beaufort??? When are you coming down again??? Call me when you have time tomorrow!!! Hugs ~S~

Linda L said...

Love it...and I used the same flower die on my CASE card this week....great minds think alike;-))

Melisa Waldorf said...

Robin this is beautiful!! I love the colors and how you mixed the patterns. Love it girl!

Chris said...

Hi Robin! Love your card...so glad I was able to pop by again :)