Monday, March 23, 2009

WSC73 - Happy Easter

This card was made using Beate's weekend sketch challenge, hosted this week by Cambria Turnbow.

I received this Signs of Spring set from Flourishes last week and thought it would be perfect for this sketch and combined with this patterned paper from Dream Street Papers Heartsong collection. The card stock is all from Prism - the Teal Pack and the Desert Coral Pack.

I stamped the two little chicks and the daffodil on Cryogen White paper, then colored them with Copic markers to match the colors in the patterned paper, and then added a little shimmer by coloring over each image with a Copic Lemon Spica glitter pen. Each image was punched out using a 1" punch, then matted on a scalloped square. The top edges of the white and teal mats were cut with a Fiskars Lace border punch.

The Happy Easter sentiment was also stamped on Cryogen White paper and cut out using a Circle Nestability, as was its mat. I added three Dew Drops from the The Robin's Nest, Water collection. I think that about covers it!
Thanks for looking, hope you have a great week!


4 comments:

shulsart said...

This is beautiful. I love what you did with the border punch on top, it really sets off the card. What a lovely creation.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey Robin - I hope you are well - sorry I haven't been by in a while - it's been crazy here. This is such a beautiful card and your colors are amazing. I love the chicks - they are too cute. Wonderful job.

Jenny Gropp said...

totally FAB, and I would know cause I am an "18" and know all!

Memories of Time said...

Totally SWEET! Love the soft colors too. Very lovely card. :) thanks for playing!