Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Home....

We spent this past weekend visiting my mom in Tampa. She's got a lemon tree in her yard and it was brimming with lemons, so we brought some home - you can't really tell from this picture, but they are HUGE. That bowl measures 9 inches across, to give you an idea.

One of them was the size of a grapefruit. And they are very mild - with a hint of orange, like a Meyer lemon. We used the large one last night to make one of our favorite dishes - Lemon Sage Chicken. It was great. The lemon produced a little over half a cup of juice.

She also has an avocado tree and let us have one of the avocados - it weighs over two pounds! I see guacamole in my near future!

After being gone a week for our dive trip and then a three day visit home to my mom's, it's nice to be back in my own home again. So, in keeping with the 'home' theme, I decided to post this card today! This is a card I made as part of a design team challenge from Repeat Impressions. The layer with the chair and the border is from a Hambly transparency. The patterned paper is from Prima Marketing's Tea and Silk paper collection.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Powder Keg embossing powder. I cut the panel out with a Spellbinders Label Four die and doodled some faux stitching around the edge of it. I punched slots in either end and ran some wide silk ribbon through the slots and adhered the ends behind the mat layer. The teal card stock is from Prism Papers.

Not a lot to it, but I must say that although using this particular transparency was a bit of a challenge, I think it turned out OK. I like these colors together.
Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: