Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Belli Challenge - Patriotic Card

Today's Creative Belli Challenge was to make a patriotic themed card. Since the new design team members were just selected over the weekend, we weren't required to participate; however, I just received the Papertrey Ink Vintage Picnic set on Monday, so I decided to go ahead and participate! What a fun set this one is - so many possibilities!

I used last week's sketch from Splitcoast Stampers' sketch challenge, and papers from the 8x8 BasicGrey Boxer pad. The card base is Papertrey Ink's Kraft card stock (my all time favorite for card bases...) The picnic basket was stamped on Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select card stock, as were all of the other elements, and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the stars and flag topper twice and cut out the two larger stars and the flag to mount them with some foam tape. The plaid napkin and the bunch of strawberries were also mounted with foam tape.

Here's a close up so you can see the popped up elements. I also highlighted the stars, the napkin and the strawberries with Atyou Spica glitter pens in various colors.

I added some gold beads to the corners of the main image, the corners of the largest panel and one on the center of the largest star. That's about it!

Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy if you haven't already done so. Just leave a comment on this card to be eligible to win a sheet of four of Repeat Impressions' new Quartets stamps. I'll announce the winner here on Monday morning.

Enjoy your day! Thanks for looking.

15 comments:

shulsart said...

OMG, Robin, for a first design team card you are gonna knock their socks off. This is just fabulous! The way you put all the design elements together is perfect, great choice of DP and your coloring matches exactly. And then all the cutting you did, all I can say is WOW! Creative Belli is so lucky to have you. Congrats again on the new design team.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Robin, I love this picnic basket..what fun to have a picnic on the 4th!! Those muted colors are fabulous, and so are all the popped elements!!! Great job!!

Fern said...

Robin, your card is gorgeous... I Love the layering ~ and the bg is wonderful...

Holly said...

Robin, I love this!!!!!!!! I love how you popped up the flag, berries, and stars to make them 3D. Love your sponging and all the gold beads. Gorgeous card! (And you managed to get the basket stamped the right way! HAHAHA!)

Dani said...

This is so wonderful! I love all the dimension, fabulous job!

Joanne Travis said...

Wow!! This is fabulous! I love the country vintage look of this Americana style card. So warm and very beautifully done. What a wonderful set from Papertrey! I love her stuff.

Joan Ervin said...

Oooooh, Robin...I just love your picnic basket and all the details on this beauty!!! You did an awesome job on this....I can't wait for my set to come!!!

Debbie said...

I love your card. The dimension you used to lift the flag, stars and basket is just wonderful.

Silke Ledlow said...

Perfect take on the challenge - Robin!!! I just bought this awesome PTI Set myself and I'm ready to ink it up....!!! Your card looks beautiful and I love the way you colored it!!! Hugs ~S~

Jenny Gropp said...

You put your scissors to work with all your trimming! Totally awesome card! Lots of good details!

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

So many cards use red, white, blue stripes or fireworks CS. This card is really different! I love the overall effect and focusing on the picnic basket. I also really like the 3D work you did. Congratulations on a job well done!

Danita said...

Robin, such a beautiful take on this challenge!!! I love the non-traditional patriotic colors!!! I love the papers from Basic Grey you picked out too!!! Just perfect!!! Awesome job with this!!!!

Danita

Anne Harada said...

What an amazing and creative card!! Your coloring is fantastic, I love the details you added to add interest. Just delightful to look at!! So excited to have you on the Belli team my dear!!

Nancy said...

This is a very stunning card.
I just LOVE it!!!