Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday....

This card makes me laugh....mostly because of the story behind it. A couple of weeks ago, I had the honor of being the guest designer over on Our Creative Corner, thanks to my friend Jenny (thank you, Jenny!!). When she originally asked me to to be the guest designer, we had talked about the themes she was going to have for her month-long stint as the challenge hostess. One of the challenges she was planning was to make an animal themed card, which is the one I chose to be the guest designer for, thinking specifically of using this tiger stamp and this paper.

Eventually, though, the challenge changed a little and became Pet Parade, but since I had my heart set on using this stamp for it, I tried to make a card that could still work for the 'pet' theme....hence the sentiment! In the end, I decided to make this card, using a more traditional pet cat theme... ;-)

The stamp is from The Angel Company and the paper is from GCD Studios' Debonair Collection. The image was colored with Copic markers and I added some dots around the border of my image to mimic those around the circles on the patterned paper. The sentiment stamp is from The Stamping Studio.

Thanks for looking! Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

I think it's a cool looking card - Robin!!! The tiger image is awesome!!!

I can't believe Jenny changed the challenge on you - LOL!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Karen said...

Gorjus card Robin.

Love Karen x

Joanne Travis said...

I'm wild about this card, Robin! I have this stamp and think it is fabulous. Love what you did here.

Holly said...

Your coloring on this "cat" is gorgeous! Love the burlap mesh and that wild animal dsp!

Joan Ervin said...

I love the warm, rich colors on this, Robin, and the tiger image is FABULOUS!!!! The paper is perfect, too...love every little detail!!!!