Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Favorite Things....

Last Friday, when I saw the Flourishes 'My Favorite Things' challenge and Sharon's No Time To Stamp challenge, I immediately thought of these two stamps and had to play along.

The Flourishes challenge was to make something inspired by the lyrics to the My Favorite Things song from the Sound of Music, one of my all time favorite movies; and Sharon's challenge was to use either brown postal wrap OR the inside of a paper grocery sack in your project.

I started with a brown paper gift bag and added a couple of strips of Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly patterned paper. I stamped the Lockhart Stamp Company Itty Bitty Packages image on a brown paper bag, colored them with Koh-I-Noor colored pencils, cut them out and mounted them using foam tape on a one inch square piece of brown paper bag that I had stamped my Itty Bitty Rose Border on. I mounted that on a red Labels Nine layer and then layered that on a green layer that was cut out using a Stampin' UP! Curly Label punch. The bows were made with Martha Stewart's baking twine.

My sentiment, which is from Stamper's Anonymous and contains some of the song's lyrics, was also stamped on a brown paper bag, cut out with a long rectangle die, and then mounted on a scalloped long rectangle mat and wrapped with the baker's twine. This was a fun challenge and a very quick and easy way to dress up a plain old gift bag.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back tomorrow for a new Belli Challenge!

3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning Robin!!! Your bag is sooo beautiful and guess what it fits todays FTTC41 too....make sure you add it!!!

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!! Hugs ~S~

Anne Harada said...

What a fun bag bag Robin! It's such a wonderful touch to jazz up the bag that you're going to give a gift in, I always forget about that -- thanks for the reminder!! The DP is sooo cute for the holidays too, love it!!

Left you something on my blog! Have a great day GF!!

Julie Koerber said...

What a darling creation! Love that you even added the tissue in for effect! :-) And... the fact that you wrote the lyrics on the bag??? CUTE!