Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Belli Challenge #114 - Think Seamstress and RI DCC Challenge - Scenic

Happy Wednesday!  My card today is for Repeat Impressions' first Designer's Choice Challenge (DCC), which is to make a Scenic card; and for this week's Belli Challenge, which is 'Think Seamstress' (stitching, buttons, seam tape, pins, etc...).  It was definitely a challenge to combine those two challenges!

The images I used are Portland Head Light (1401-P) and Rebecca (708-K) and Thinking of You (8611-E) for my sentiment.  The papers are from BasicGrey's Lucky collection, which is really old!  The layout is based on this week's Crazy 4 Challenges sketch challenge, although I twisted and turned it quite a bit!

For the 'Think Seamstress' challenge, I made an outfit for Rebecca!  It's paper pieced, but still... ;-)  I also used an itty, bitty button on her dress and used a Spica marker to add some faux stitching around my sentiment.  That's the closest this girl gets to being a seamstress!

Please be sure to check out the rest of the Belli design team's Think Seamstress cards by heading over to the Belli Challenge blog and while you're there you can get the details for playing along with us.  Also make sure that you take a gander at the great scenic cards the rest of the Repeat Impressions' design team has created for our Designer's Choice Challenge over at The House That Stamps Built, and while you're at it, check out the rules for playing along with us on our Scenic challenge!


Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Robin, how fabulously you combined challenges!! I love the scene.....and the lovely "outfit" you made for the sweet girl! Great addition of the little button and stitching around the sentiment!! Love the framing. This is a real work of art, GF!!!

Robin Parker said...

Robin, I love the little girl. Great job piecing her dress together. The little button is perfect. Tha faux stitching is exactly what I did too.

Tamara Morton said...

Wonderful scene I love the girl you have added too. Reminds me of days by the beach
Hugs
Tamara

Anonymous said...

I like that ALOT.
qkk

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card robin-love your creative thought process for the "seamstress" challenge-love rebecca's outfit

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh that's the sweetest seen I love the little girl!! Awesome colors and your coloring is Beautiful!!
Hugs,
Chris

Whimsey said...

WOW; what a great scene you have created; really love the dress paper pieced. Beautiful!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a wonderful scene- I love the colors and the great paper piecing. I love the faux stitching and the button you added.

joy said...

I love how you have added Rebecca and have pieced her dress with one of my favorite stamps -- beautiful job!!! The scene you created works so well with your sentiment!

Karen W said...

This is wonderful, I love her looking at the scene, perfect!!!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful work. The paper piecing is so nice. Your whole card reminds me of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The way "Anne of Green Gables" overlooks the lighthouse is awesome.

Miriam said...

WOW! This looks like it was LOTS of work!! Great use of the 2 stamps. Amazing card.

Maria Matter said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Robin!!! I was starring at it for awhile! lol I love the way she's looking into the scene, just gorgeous! love everything about this one!
hugs & blessings

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, Robin...this is such a beautiful scene!!! I just love how you added the girl image looking off at the lighthouse and the layered shapes look sooo fabulous!!!! You did a wonderful job of combining the challenges!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS!!! This is awesome Robin...love the sweet image and your coloring is the BOMB! Thank you for playing the C4C Sketch with us...hugs ~S~

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You created a lovely scene. I love the Rebecca stamp. I have it too.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful Robin!! I love how you colored and the paper pieced dress! Great way to use those Nesties!!

Edna Burgess said...

Great card. I have those stamps and you've given me some ideas on how to use them. Edna