Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy Birthday (C4C137)

Hello!  I have a fun birthday card today that is a first for me - it's a one layer card!  My card base is White Shimmer paper from Papertrey Ink.  I started out by stamping the large butterfly from Earth Arts Stamps using gray ink.  The sentiment is heat embossed using blue glitter powder from Powder Keg.  The butterflies were all made using Martha Stewart punches. I adhered coordinating Swarovski crystals to the body of each punched butterfly.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

My card fits for this week's challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C137) - anything goes as long as it's a birthday card.  I copied the idea for this card from Barbara Anders' sample for a recent Color Throwdown challenge.

For the inside I stamped the butterfly again and then stamped the sentiment (also from Papertrey Ink) on top.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: