Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Gladiolus


Hello!  Today I have a birthday card for a very special friend who loves gladiolus!  The stamp is from Papertrey Ink and it was colored using Copic markers and I added a little glitter using Spica pens on the flower centers and the leaves.  The patterned papers are from Melissa Francis' Kitschy Kitchen collection and Jillibean Soup's Southern Chicken Soup collection.

I made this card for two of this week's challenges. The layout is from this week's Just Add Ink (JA171) sketch challenge and the color scheme I used is from Color Throwdown #248, which was Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink and Cool Caribbean (unfortunately, I am a day late for that challenge...story of my life these days!).

Enjoy the 4th of July holiday!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

KimB said...

This is delightfully lacy card Robin and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Mae's Cachet said...

I love the elegant edges you have used for your layers, they add elegance to this beautiful card which I am sure your friend will love. Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

All the lace edges make a very pretty and detailed card. Chantell JAI

Narelle Farrugia said...

Those flowers are just gorgeous as is your card! Totally love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!