Friday, February 6, 2009

CPS100 - Thanks a bunch!

I made this card for for Card Positioning System's Anniversary Celebration contest. This was a hard sketch for me at first. I had pulled several sheets of Cosmo Cricket's Honey Pie line (leftovers from these card folders). I couldn't figure out how to combine the different sheets of patterned paper so they looked right together, so I decided to sleep on it (this really seems to help me when I hit a road block on a card). The next morning, I saw this post from Debbie Olson, and saw that she had pulled off a perfect combination of these papers. But I still couldn't make it work for me, and then I remembered this post that Lisa Lee did using a ghosted background for an inchie and decided to try that for my two smaller panels. It's a really fun technique and I like the way it all came together.

The stamp is KarenLockhart's Geraniums - her stamps are really fun to color and I love that when you browse her site and hover your mouse over the stamped image, you see it colored. All three images were colored with Copic markers and the geraniums all have some Stickles on them (Fruit Punch on the main image and Diamond on the ghost images). I cut the main image out using a Labels Nestability and did a little doodling with a Stampin' UP! Rose Red marker around the edge while it was still in the die. I colored the edge after I removed it from the die and adhered it to a piece of sparkly Stardreams Stationery and added Kaiser Mango Pearls to each corner. The sentiment, from Stampendous, was stamped in Ranger Adirondack Cranberry beneath the Geraniums image.

The card base and the panels for each of the stamped images is Taylored Expressions' Choice Buttercream, which is very nice for coloring with Copics. The ghost images were matted on BasicGrey Strawberry Smoothie. The red layer on top of the card base is also Stardreams Stationery that I scored at the top and bottom and paper pierced between the score line and the edge. The patterned paper is Ella from the Honey Pie collection. I airbrushed a couple of clear buttons with a pale yellow Copic, tied a bow in each button with some pink embroidery floss (recycling my old cross stitching supplies there...) and put them in opposite corners. The yellow grosgrain ribbon is from Stampin' UP!.

I think that about covers it - sorry for the novel! Hope you've had a good week! I'm looking forward to going to the Heirloom Productions' stamp show tomorrow with my Krafty Kat friends. Have a good weekend!

Card Details:
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie - Ella; Basic Grey Strawberry Smoothie
Card stock: Taylored Expressions' Choice Buttercream; Stardreams Stationery
Stamps: Lockhart Stamp Company; Stampendous
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog; Adirondack Cranberry
Ribbon: Stampin' UP!
Pearls: Kaisercraft
Copic Markers: E00, E01, E08, E55, Y23, Y38, YG03, YG11, YG95, W1, W3, R000, R02, R11, R32, R35, R81, R85, G24, G94, G99, 0
Misc.: Buttons - 7 Gypsies; Ranger Stickles (Fruit Punch and Diamond); Nestabilities

4 comments:

Loopster said...

You know I love this one...being the flower girl that I am! It's lovely.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Robin - this is a wonderful card using that sketch. I love everything about it. Beautiful.

Janine said...

Robin What a beautiful card!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card Robin :0)
**Hugs** Heather x