Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day! I am happy to be home after a week on the road for work. And when I arrived home last night, and walked into my office, which was dark, there was a distinct smell of roses....I turned on the lights and lo and behold, there was an arrangement of a dozen red roses, some babies breath, eucalyptus and assorted greenery. Leaning against the vase was an envelope that read Happy Valentine's Mommy. Tim said the cats had gotten the card, but he had to help them with the roses...;-) Anyway, it was a very nice surprise, but I won't be opening the card until this evening....and I still have to make Tim's card...eek...;-)

So, these two cards were made a while ago for Repeat Impressions, but I decided to hold off posting them until today. They are pretty straight forward and simple, but I love the color combination of the pink, white, burgundy and kraft. The first card was embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to give it some texture, then I swiped some Versamark Dazzle ink across it to give it some sparkle (which doesn't show up in the photo, of course). I stamped the image using the Versafine Raspberry ink, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut it out using a Labels One Nestability die and then colored the edge with a gold leaf pen. This layer was adhered to a layer of Stampin' UP! Purely Pomegranate and then a layer of heart patterned paper.

For the second card, I also used a Kraft card base and adhered three strips of Heidi Swapp packing tape to make my 'patterned' paper. Can you tell that I made this card shortly after getting my labels dies - I used six layers of them!

The image was stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. The gold heart in the bottom corner was also covered with Versamark and gold embossed and set on top of a pink heart that had been edged with the Versafine Raspberry ink.

Like I said, not much to them, but here they are to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day since they are the only ones I've made (so far)! Enjoy your weekend! I'm off to make some cards!

2 comments:

Loopster said...

Love the X O card, just realized I never knew which was hugs and which was kisses....thanks for clearing that up!!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Robin - I love these. What a wonderful surprise to come home to. Have a great day !!