Friday, October 16, 2009

A Holiday Card



Happy Friday! Hope you've had a good week! I'm slowly but surely acknowledging that it's time to start making Christmas cards....Every year I resist until I have to scramble at the last minute...

I made this card last week when I received some new Cuttlebug folders in the mail. I love this Victoria folder and couldn't wait to make something with it. I ran the olive green paper through my Wizard in the folder and then took my Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow ink pad and ran it over the raised portions to make the background panel.

The main stamped image is from Flourishes' Birds and Vine set and was stamped in green and embossed with clear embossing powder then cut out with a Labels Four Nestabilities die. I colored the edge of the panel with a red foil pen then added the white dots to mimic the Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel Swiss Dot satin ribbon. I added some red Stickles to make berries on the vine.

The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions and was stamped with Scarlet Jewel ink and cut out using a Double Ended Tags die. The button and twine are from Papertrey Ink.

That's about it! Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow, I have the folder and the stamp set, what a great idea and I wouldn't have thought of that for Christmas, I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooooh, I love that one! The colors are great and the pairing of textures awesome! Good job.
qkk

Chrissy D said...

Robin, this is soooo pretty! Love the simplicity of it - very elegant.

Maria Matter said...

Simply beautiful Robin!!!

I love that image and the backing paper is perfect...what an elegant Christmas card!
Blessings, Maria

Silke Ledlow said...

Robin - this is a beautiful x-mas card!!! Love the embossed BG and the Flourishes Set you used!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

shulsart said...

Wow, very elegant, Robin. I love that CB folder, you are gonna make me spend money! This is just so well put together, every thing is perfectly balanced. A truly lovely card.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Robin...I love the colors and how you background turned out...sooo elegant looking!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that new Victoria background. This is the first I have seen it. The highlighting on the raised portions is FABULOUS!

Janine said...

Gorgeous Robin!!

Kristen H said...

GORGEOUS! love your paper and image, and sanding and how you dotted your border to match your ribbon, it must have taken a while to piece this beauty together.
Have a great weekend!

Kristen H said...

GORGEOUS! love your paper and image, and sanding and how you dotted your border to match your ribbon, it must have taken a while to piece this beauty together.
Have a great weekend!