Saturday, January 23, 2010

FS154 Valentine Nurse


This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast Stampers was my fellow Belli Challenge girl, Anne Harmon. I've never played along in the FS challenge before, but since Anne has been so good to me, I wanted to give it a shot and honor her. I selected this card from her gallery and used the same stamp and the same overall layout, but I changed the background paper from stripes to polka dots, changed the color scheme and changed the ribbon color. I also changed it from a get well card to a Valentine's Day card.

One of the things I like best about Anne is her wonderful, slightly wicked, sense of humor, as evidenced by this Valentine's Day card she posted this week. So, in keeping with her slightly naughty Valentine's Day sentiment, I added one of my own for this card. I've always thought this little nurse had a mischievous look in her eye!

The polka dot paper is from BoBunny, the journaling card is from Cosmo Cricket's Hey Sugar collection and the nurse stamp is from Crafty Secrets Feeling Yucky set. I paper pieced all of the nurse's outfit except her socks. That was a bit tedious, but it helps to qualify this card for this week's Ways to Use it Challenge, which is Cut It Out!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

shulsart said...

Oh, now this is just too cute, I love the inside sentiment, you wicked little girl. A wonderful card, Robin, it has a very old time vintage feel to it.

Karen said...

Gorjus gorjus cards since my last visit. Totally stunning !

Love Karen x

Cheryl said...

Hey Robin! This is too cute! Reminds me of that George Straight song, LOL. I just love that sweet nurse image...adorable!

LOVE Cosmo Cricket...your colors are perfect, as is that ribbon and those pearls! Enjoy your Sunday : )

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

First, I was so honored that you would case my card as FS this week. Then I laughed out loud at the sentiment. Boy! You sure have me pegged!! I'm one of the original Naughty Girls, and you got that so right in your card!!! Thanks so much, GF!! What a treat!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Yes - I do love ya - GF!!!

Your card is fabulous and sooooo cute - inside and out!!!

Hugs ~S~

The Rubber Maid said...

what a cute image is that little nurse. Very cute card. Pat

Maria Matter said...

oh, Robin, this is too cute!
Blessings, Maria

Holly said...

Too stinkin cute! Love the sentiment inside - hee hee hee!!!!