Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Ship

Happy Friday! This is a birthday card I made for Tim's brother, whose birthday was last Friday.   He's a nautical guy, so these two Flourishes sets (A Guiding Light and Antique Map) fit the bill perfectly.  My layout is from this month's Sketch for you to Try

I stamped the Antique Map image for the background panel on the front, and on the inside.  The compass rose paper is from Graphic 45.  My sailor's knot was tied based on Barbara Anders' tutorial.  The sentiment is from Flourishes' Tag Lines set, and I added a trio of black rhinestones below it.  Not too bad for a masculine card, eh?

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Loopster said...

That is beautifully masculine....you did a perfect job and I hope he appreciated it!!!

Miriam said...

Love this! The Kraft paper is just right for this card.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

what a wonderful guy card, Robin! TFS!

Unknown said...

Super wonderful masculine card Robin! I love the images on the kraft...how clever!

Jenny Gropp said...

FANTASTIC man card. I saved the link to the knot tutorial, Barbara did a FAB job and makes it look like I too could manage one.... gonna have to try!

Lisa Silver said...

Fabulous masculine card! The knot is just the perfect embellishment too!