Monday, January 31, 2011

Outlines - Posies

Good Monday morning!  Hope you enjoyed your weekend!  Today's challenge for the Outlines design team is Pick a Posy.  We are to use at least one of the flowers from the Posy Mix and Match series, which is pretty extensive!  I used the Round Posy Sm (E-1040)and Round Posy Md (E-1039) images, which I colored with Copic markers and then painted over the center and edges with some Smooch Top Coat.  I molded the petals and adhered the posies using silicone glue to give them some height. 

The background stamp I used is called Izzy Background (J-988) and it matched my Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue paper and scalloped border strip perfectly!  I stamped it using Adirondack Eggplant ink and then painted over it with the Smooch Top Coat, too.  I added the Busy Bee Sm. image (A-83) in the upper right corner, also using the silicone glue.  Finally, I added some Swarovski Crystals (size 12), using Glossy Accents and Picksey Pick Ups - they make it SO easy to add the crystals!  If you haven't tried them, you should check them out.

Please be sure to check out the Posy cards the rest of the design team made:

Bev Gerard - Savor the Journey
Jeanne Streiff - Inky Paws
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Lisa Silver - Silver Stamping
Vicki Garrett - Summerthyme Studio


Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Robin!! I love the dimensional flowers and swirl BG...pretty stamps and fantastic detail!!

Miriam said...

Stunning. Love the purple and green combo!

Lisa Silver said...

So, so lovely!!! I love the rhinestones!

Bev Gerard said...

You're really touching on my soft spots with this one! Love these colors ... and that darling bee is a perfect little addition!

~Bev

shulsart said...

Beautiful, Robin. Great paper and perfect choice for that wonderful background image. Love the addition of the Smooch, I bet it really shimmers in real life.

Chrissy D said...

VERY PRETTY!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Robin! Love the colors and your dimensional flower looks terrific!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So pretty Robin!! Love your colors, the silver baubles and the flower. Gorgeous!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Hi Robin, Thanks for stopping by my blog and viewing my pictures...more on the way. Hope all is well with you. Pat

Jenny Gropp said...

Unique colors. Thats exactly why I needed u at CHA.... for colors! Except for the ribbon booth.... you are never to go in the May Arts booth again. When that order lands....