Monday, July 11, 2011

Outlines - Polka Dots!

This week's challenge over on the Outlines blog is Polka Dots - incorporate polka dots somewhere in your project.  I think I have the polka dot thing covered!  I used a variety of polka dot papers from Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety, Early Bird and Social Club 6x6 pads, as well as Jillibean Soup's Watermelon Gazpacho 6x6 pad.  The layers were created by using different border dies and punches to cut the edges, which were then layered to make my card front.  The mat layer for my focal image (E-522 Flower Square Lg)  is also polka dots, as is the scrap of paper I used to make the tag for the sentiment (AA-839 Tiny Happy Birthday).  I used Sunny Yellow and Copper Pearl Pens for the flower centers and dots in the border of the focal image.

Please be sure to look up the details for playing along with this week's challenge over at the Outlines blog and also check out the great cards the rest of the team has made:

Jeanne Streiff - Inky Paws
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Kecia Waters - Stamping Deets
Lisa Silver - Silver Stamping
Sue Kment - Sue's Stamping Stuff

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

shulsart said...

Look at all those dots, you win, lol. What a bright and cheery mix of polka dots. And you picked a perfect image to sit in the middle of it, Robin. This is a card that is sure to make someone smile!

Loopster said...

What a HAPPY card!!!

Kecia said...

This card is just full of dots, and it looks so awesome and fun.

Great take on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Now you know that I LOVE THAT!!! Cute, cute, cute.
qkk

Lisa Silver said...

Oh how wonderful!!! This is just super fun and happy... I love it!

Jenny Gropp said...

Spots and dots on everything!!! Great summery cheery card!