Monday, March 12, 2012

FTTC159 - Happy Birthday!


This is a birthday card I made for one of the men in my family and it fits this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC159) over at Flourishes, which is to use at least 3 colors from the inspiration photo.  I used the rust, kraft, black and yellow.

I used the Mix-n-Mugs set and paper pieced the mug using some of the Canvas Corp. background paper.  The seam between my patterned papers was covered with some measuring tape twill.

I ran the mat panel through a wood grain embossing folder and brushed some brown ink across it to resemble a piece of wood.  The tools were colored using Copic markers and a silver paint pen.  I affixed the sentiment panel using some screw conchos and a washer made from silver paper.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Shut up...I can't believe you played along my sweet friend...LOL!!! Your birthday card is beautiful! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Yay Robin!! I am so excited to see your name on the challenge participants this week! I love this wonderful masculine card! Love the papers and grommets! Thank you for playing.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a cool card Robin!

Did you hear that Outlines is closing? So sad.......