Wednesday, November 26, 2008

For the birds....

There are a lot of birds in this photo considering the image, the brad and the watermark! And yes, I know it's Fall, and this is a pretty 'Spring-y' card, but it's an image I needed to make a card with for Repeat Impressions, so there you have it.

I used the sketch from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, except I rotated it to be vertical rather than horizontal. The image was colored with Copic markers to match the background paper, and cut out with my new Curved Rectangle Nestabilities. I added some gold Spica glitter to the flower centers and a little green Spica glitter to the leaves for some sparkle.

The flowers and brad, which I think is very similar to the bird image, are my round element, and I balanced that in the other three corners with Dew Drops. That's it for this one - pretty easy, but a nice sketch that I'm sure I'll use again.

I'm glad it's Wednesday and the week is almost over! I'm really looking forward to the long weekend and some time with family and friends, as well as some time in my stamp room.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Card Details:
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Urban Prairie
Stamp: Repeat Impressions
Flowers: KaiserCraft
Brad: K&Company
Markers: Copic and Spica glitter
Other: Nestabilities; Dew Drops - The Robin's Nest

1 comment:

Janine said...

Hey Robin!! Lovely card!! Hope you have a great evening!