Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Friend!

This is a birthday card I made for a good friend whose birthday is the day after mine. We had dinner tonight to celebrate our birthdays and I was finally able to give her this card, so now I can share it here!

The leaf/branch image and Happy Birthday sentiment were stamped on a chipboard coaster and the edges were sponged with some Distress Inks. The coaster was covered with Glossy Accents and when it was just dry, I bent it a little bit to get the cracked effect.

The chipboard scroll was painted with Distress Crackle paint and when that was dry, I sponged it with a couple of shades of Distress Inks to enhance the crackle effect. The front panel of patterned papers was wrapped with ribbon and I added a bow, then adhered the Friend tab to the back of it and adhered the panel to a Kraft card base. I added a few Dew Drops in the upper right corner to finish it off!

Hope you've had a good week! Mine's been filled with meetings and too many nights of staying up late! I'm glad tomorrow is Friday! Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!

Card Details:
Patterned Paper: Frances Meyer
Card stock: Papertrey Ink Kraft
Stamps: Stampin' UP! Fresh Cuts, Fundamental Phrases
Ink: Ranger Distress, Adirondack Terra Cotta
Miscellaneous: Chipboard, Coaster, Glossy Accents, Ranger Distress Crackle paint, ribbon, tab punch, Dew Drops

No comments: