Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


OK, I'm a day late and a dollar short...but here is the Mother's Day card I made for my mother.  My day got away from me yesterday and I didn't get a chance to post it.

For as long as I can remember, my mother has been into some sort of sewing- crewel embroidery, needlepoint, smocking and even home decor items like drapes, table covers and pillows, so this Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper and JustRite Stampers Stitched with Love stamp set were a perfect choice for her card. 

I added a few 'notions' to complete the sewing theme - buttons tied with embroidery floss on the heart, a mini safety pin to attach the tag to the bow and a mini clothespin to attach the ribbon flag.  The heart is paper pieced using some of the Material Girl papers, which I also used for my mat layers.  I airbrushed the background of my main panel and added a little faux stitching, in keeping with the sewing theme.

There is another stamp of the week 50% off special over at the Repeat Impressions blog today - the adorable Clover Bunny stamp is this week's featured stamp.  Be sure to head over there and see what some of my fellow design team members have made using it. 

Finally, for some reason, one of my posts last week was not delivered to any of my AOL subscribers.  So, if you didn't receive an email last Wednesday, please check out the card I posted by clicking here! It was for Repeat Impressions first ever sketch challenge, which is open until May 18th, so please check it out and play along!
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!  Mine is getting off to a great start - remember this fun excursion?  Well, we are all getting together again today for another fun-filled adventure!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is ADORABLE! Robin, I love it, the colors and the layout and the theme. I think that is one of the cutest ones you have done!!! Very nice.
qkk

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, made so specially for your mom. I bet she was thrilled! Can't wait to hear about your "excursion!"

Unknown said...

Wow Robin! I LOVE this!! So beautiful!! Great embellishments and colors!

Janine said...

Hi Robin!! Love this card... I just used that set a while back.. It's so nice!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this and how you really thought of your Mom and her hobbies. Super nice and I love the post below, beautiful work Robin.
Pat

Melisa Waldorf said...

Wow, so many really cute elements here, the colors, those 3 buttons, the clothes pin! All of it!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Robin!
Hope you are well!

gorgeous card!!! love all the papers and sweet elements you've added! Everything coordinates so beautifully! great job my friend!
Hugs & Blessings!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is SWEET! Adorable card!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Robin...such beautiful colors and I love how you added the buttons to the heart image!!! Love the tiny clothes pin, too!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautifully done-- great details!