Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sketch Plus Three Challenge

I made this card to play along with Joanne Basile's Sketch Plus Three challenge, celebrating her 500,000th hit on her blog.  Joanne provided the sketch and a list of nine options you could include on your card, you had to pick at least three. I thought that was a fun and creative challenge and managed to use four of the items on my card - text printed papers (the peach background paper), kraft paper (the card base), bling (Stickles in the heart in her hair and black and gold Spica pens to color her shoes) and paper piecing (her dress).

I used two different Pure Innocence stamps - My Basket of Eggs and Flower Girl.  I stamped the flower from the Flower Girl image three times and placed it, along with some grass paper in the basket in place of the eggs.  Then I covered the flowers with some Spring Flower Soft.

The patterned papers are from the Webster's Pages Lullaby Lane and Life's Portrait Combo Pack and the ribbon roses are from Webster's Pages Bloomers Spring 2010.  I cinched the Bloomers up between the flowers, added the buttons and tied the bows with twine.

Hope you're enjoying your  Memorial Day Weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

shulsart said...

Well, isn't this just adorable? What a sweet image and it's peach, not pink, yeah! You did good, Miss Robin!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness what an adorable card. Love the rose ribbon and the flowers soft on that image. Very sweet!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card! I love the sweet image and the way you embellished around it- love the ribbon and buttons on the top-very pretty!

Unknown said...

That is one gorgeous card!

Lynette said...

So darling, Robin! What a fun challenge! I love those soft colors and the way you combined the images.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Tooo stinkin' cute!!!! Your ribbon/fluffy stuff treatment is WONDERFUL!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a sweet card! The delicate colors are so pretty and that image is adorable!

Holly said...

How stinkin adorable!!! I love that ribbon rose and these sweet papers that you have used. Awwwwww.........