Friday, June 24, 2011

This and that!


Happy Friday! 

I have been in a rut of only posting cards that I have made for design team commitments, so this morning I have a couple of cards that I made recently for personal reasons! 

This first card was made for my niece's high school graduation.  I wanted to use her school colors so I pulled a couple of sheets with the two shades of blue from Jillibean Soup's Spotted Owl Soup and October Afternoon's Seaside. 

The background journaling note paper is from Making Memories' Noteworthy line and the stamps are from Cornish Heritage Farms' U R A Hoot set.

The owl was colored using Copic markers.  The sentiment and 'Graduate' on the cap were both heat embossed.



The second card is a thank you card I made for a recent gift from my mom, who has collected strawberry themed things for as long as I can remember. 

The paper is from Papertrey Ink's Fruitti Tutti pad and the stamps are from the Fruit Fusion - Berry set.  I added some Salmon Viva Decor Pearl Pen dots around the scalloped mat and a little faux stitching around both stamped panels using a pink Spica marker. 

On the sentiment panel I added a strawberry button I had in my stash for just such an occasion!

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

OMG! What is not to love about this card! I love what you did with your berry and the colors you pick every where right down to the berry next to the sentiment!