Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another card folder

This folder was the first one I created a few months ago. My stamp group gets together once a month and for each meeting we take turns putting together a kit containing papers and embellishments. The following month when we get together, we show what we made using the kit. This card folder was made using the papers and embellishments from one of those kits.

The patterned papers I used are a mix of Cosmo Cricket and Frances Meyer. The folder was made using Papertrey Ink's Kraft card stock and the card bases were made using either Prism Desert Coral or the Kraft card stock. The stamps are from the Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes set. At the time I made this one, I was still thinking that I would make a bunch of themed folders, so all of these cards are thank you cards. I had decided not to give this folder away as a gift for a couple of reasons, and now that I need some thank you notes for Christmas, I will just be using these cards!

I love this leaf ribbon from May Arts and thought it matched up with this stamp really well.

I stamped a few of the flowers in the set on the bottom of this patterned paper.

For this card, I was able to incorporate several of the embellishments from the kit, including the flower, the ribbon, the photo turn and the brads.
This one includes some scraps from the other cards, along with a chipboard scalloped circle that I covered with a flower from the patterned paper.
Hope you're having a good week so far! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Loopster said...

Sublime!! You really must quit your day job and do this full time. There is a market for these card folders. They are beautiful and functional. I will be your marketing rep! hahaha

Janine said...

Hey there!! Great projects... Hope all is well with you and that you have a great day!