Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birdie

Happy Monday! I've been a bad blogger this past week - sorry about that! I was out of town for work last week and just didn't find the time to post anything. Hopefully this week will be better!

I recently needed a birthday card for one of the men in my family. He is a golfer, as is obvious from the card! Nothing says golfer like plaid, right? So, I had the bright idea to paper piece the golf bag. Paper piecing is fun, but when you're working with some of these little pieces, it gets a bit tricky and time consuming!

I stamped the golf bag image four times - on white, tan, and green paper and on the plaid paper. I colored in the clubs and the metal hardware on the strap with my Copics on the white version. Everything else is paper pieced. I started with the tan bag and strap and added the other pieces on top. It was really a lot of fun to 'design' this golf bag, but I don't think I'll do another one any time soon! The border of the panel with the golf bag was colored with a gray Copic marker, and then I used my colorless blender to make the dots - I was trying to mimic the dimples on a golf ball.

The golf ball - the round piece on the felt ribbon - was run through my Swiss Dots embossing folder once, then I rotated it in the folder and ran it through my Wizard again to add more dots. I adhered it 'wrong' side up (debossed side) to simulate the dimples of a golf ball.

I think the rest is self-explanatory. Hopefully he got a chuckle out of it!

Thanks for looking and hope you have a great week!

Card Details:
Patterned paper: Stampin' UP! Manchester DSP
Card stock: Stampin' UP! Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze; tan and green from my stash
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamps: Gina K. Designs (golf bag), Savvy Stamps (sentiment)
Misc.: Stampin' UP! felt ribbon; Copic markers; Nestabilities; Swiss Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

totally cute-- like the golf ball addition!