Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For You

I made this card a while back to showcase this gorgeous Italian paper that I received from Krafty Kat friend, Barb. I'd link you to Barb's gallery or blog so you can see her wonderful creations, but she doesn't have either....Come on, Barb, you should share your talent! ;-)

Anyway, I just loved this paper, especially the beautiful bird, so I cut out this portion of it using my Labels One Nestabilities. Then I created each of the mat layers using the next larger sizes.

The only stamping on this card is the sentiment, which I stamped with Versamark and embossed with detail gold embossing powder.

I wrapped some ribbon around the black card base, adhered all my label layers on top, tied a big bow and it's done! Not much to it, but I think it turned out nicely.

You can also see that I put a little strip of the Italian paper on the inside to tie it all together. This is one of those cards that I will have a difficult time parting with, although I did just find some more of this beautiful paper, so maybe I'll make a few more like it.

Hope you're having a good week. I've got a sick spouse - he started coming down with a bad cold on Sunday and spent most of yesterday in bed. Poor baby had to go to work for a meeting this morning, but will probably be back in bed as soon after as possible. I'm doing what I can to take care of him, but stay away from him at the same time! I cannot afford to get sick now...

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Paper: Rossi Florentine Print - Phoenix; red handmade paper, gold and vanilla card stock
Stamp: Stamp Camp
Ink: Versamark
Misc.: Ribbon - Offray; gold detail embossing powder, Spellbinders Label One Nestabilities

3 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

LOVE THIS. The picture does not do the fancy paper justice. Perfect way to highlight the paper and how pretty it is.

Susan (rainy) said...

What a wonderful idea to showcase this gorgeous paper. Love all the layering, too.

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the card and your right the paper is beautiful. The use of your die cuts and the plush ribbon says...beautiful. Pat