Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Damask Happy Birthday



Let me start off by apologizing for the lousy photo of this card - I couldn't get it focused properly, but I'm desperate for things to post, so here it is!

I decided to give last week's CAS color challenge another go, this time making more of a Clean and Simple card, although I'm still not sure I succeeded in that department. At any rate, the red and white damask paper is from Stampin' UP! and it immediately reminded me of the Papertrey Ink Damask Designs set that I've had for ages and never inked up. They are a perfect match! Then I remembered the Textile Cuttlebug folder and embossed my background paper with that.

The sentiment is also from the Damask Designs set. I stamped it on vellum hoping I could layer it over the middle of the damask image, but it didn't show up well enough, so I layered it on a white ribbon tag instead. I added a couple of buttons, a glittery flower, a few red rhinestones, some faux stitching and some Martha Stewart baker's twine and there you have it! The sketch is from last Friday's Weekend Sketch Challenge 110.

Hope you're having a good week. I'm in full blown panic mode for Christmas, so things will probably be a little quiet here! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF - I think your card is gorgeous!!! I love the DP, image and the embossing!!! Don't worry about the photo.....we still get the idea :)!!!

I'm with you...I'm in panic mode too...I'll be thinking of you...Big hugs ~S~

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Robin, this card is gorgeous!!! I love the paper, and of course, the color can't be beat!!! LOL! Take time to sit with your feet up for 15 minutes each day to get rid of that panicky feeling (a glass of wine doesn't hurt eitherLOL!)

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your paper and the fact the stamp is also in the Damask mode. Very nice indeed. Pat

Lori Craig said...

Super cute card! Love this!! Check out my blog - I think you'll like my little announcement today. :)

Denise Marzec said...

Very elegant card, Robin! Love that DP!

shulsart said...

Wow, this is pretty, love the elegant red and white. Very beautiful.