Tuesday, December 1, 2009

No Place Like Home


I have had this Boards and Beams set from Papertrey Ink for a LONG time, but had never inked it up. A friend recently bought a house after living in an apartment for a long time, so I finally made use of some of these stamps! I also incorporated a few images from the accompanying Home for the Holidays set.

The house, the tree and the lamppost were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers. The front door with the wreath and the swag over the window were stamped and colored separately and adhered to the house. I masked the house to airbrush the grass and the sky. I added some Glossy Accents to the light on the lamppost.

The picket fence was made using a Martha Stewart border punch and popped up with some foam tape. The patterned papers are all from BasicGrey's Boxer collection. The twill is from Stampin' UP!. The card base is PTI Kraft and the mat is PTI's new Terracotta Tile card stock.

For the inside, I repeated the layers of card stock and patterned papers, and added the sentiment.

These sets are a lot of fun to play with and I'm looking forward to combining some of the other elements from them. Hopefully it won't take me so long to make another card using these stamps!

Hope your week is going well - can you believe it's December already?? Where has this year gone?

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, GORGEOUS card, Robin! Love the pretty papers and that perfectly tied bow!

Cheryl said...

Oooh, what a lovely treat for a new home! What gorgeous papers Robin, and you did a fantastic coloring job! I'm really diggin' those picket-fences and that perfect bow!

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Robin. You're friend should be thrilled to get it from you. Great job of coloring and nice layout, too.

Sue P youknowwhereibe

Jenny Gropp said...

FINALLY a card with the Boards and Beams set!!! Lovely job! Really like the addition of the fence too! Charming detail!!!

Penny said...

What a delightful card you made. I love those background colors. They will love the card!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just tooo cute, Robin...I love how you combined the sets to create this beauty...your friend will love it!!!

Holly said...

Oh my GOSH, Robin! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I love your coloring, and that bow is just too perfect! That tiny little picket fence punch is just too perfect for this!!! Wow!

Silke Ledlow said...

Howdy Robin!!! How are you....??? Sorry I haven't had a chance to stop by earlier, but it's been so crazy around here...!!!

You know what I have this Set too and mine has not seen any Ink either :( , but I like how you used it on your card...soooo pretty!!! The fence punch is just perfect with it...!!!

Miss you all hugs ~S~

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just terrific, Robin! I love that set and you did such a wonderful job w/ it.

Janine said...

Oh my goodness Robin this is amazing!!! I LOVE it!!

Sally Watkins said...

Robin, glad to know someone checks out my blog. I always see what is going on at SCB when I am in ATL, but nothing has worked with my schedule. I hope to visit over winter break. Happy Friday!

Fern said...

Robin, this is sooo cute... I love the the little house and you've colored it beautifully.. That bow is gorgeous!! And I love the little fence!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Darling card, Robin! Your coloring is beautifully done. Love that great big twill bow and the sweet little MS picket fence. Cute!

Chrissy D said...

Ahhh the Boxer DP is perfect for this Homey card! Fabulous!

Steph Zerbe said...

This is fabulous! Amazing coloring. What a cool stamp set. I have been eye balling it at PTI lately! Are you following PTIs release party this month! It looks like a ton of new fun sets are in store for us!! I can't believe this is the first time you used this set! Great job!