Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cat with Kittens

This is a card I did for Repeat Impressions featuring this beautiful mama kitty with her two cute little babies. The image was colored with Copic markers. I recently picked up the Copic airbrush system and played with it on this card. It takes a bit of practice, I have to admit...The airbrushing was done with multiple markers, but I'm afraid I don't recall which colors. I cut the image and the sentiment out with my Nestabilities and then left the die in place while I airbrushed the background to leave the white border.

There's not much to it, otherwise - Kraft card stock base, pattern paper background (I liked the Oriental theme of the paper with the Siamese kitty), some satin ribbon and a few dew drops and you're done!

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Pattern paper - Basic Grey - Lilykate - Bamboo
Stamps - Repeat Impressions
Markers - Copic
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Other - ribbon, Copic airbrush system, Nestabilities, The Robin's Nest Dew Drops.

1 comment:

Loopster said...

Well, you know I'm not a true "cat person", but this card makes me wish I was!!!! I LOVE the background A LOT. Maybe we should come up with another theme for this card for me with that background...it's fabulous. You have such talent. I love your blogs....they start my day with a smile, always. First, because to see such talent and creativity is a treat, and second, to realize that talented person IS my friend, is downright Amazing!