Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Leigh Ann!

This is a birthday card I made for a very special someone. It's for my niece's 15th birthday, which is today. This card is actually a three-fer - it's Leigh Ann's birthday card, it's my submission for the July Inchie Inkling challenge and I used the Stampin Diva's sketch from a couple of weeks ago.

I used half of a 12x12 sheet of DCWV scalloped paper as my card base. All of the other papers are from Basic Grey's Oh Baby Girl collection. The glittery striped paper I used for the butterfly is from Making Memories Garden Party collection. The focal image is Lockhart Stamp Company's Itty Bitty Lavender. The sentiment and the frames around the lavender image were cut out using my Nestabilities and I also used my ticket corner punch on the sentiment. Copics were used to color the lavender image and then I highlighted the flowers, stems and bows with my Spica markers for a little extra shine. The butterfly was created with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and I added a few self-adhesive rhinestones down the center to create a body for her. I finished it off with a few butterfly and flower brads.

Here's my favorite picture of Leigh Ann and me, back when she was just three or so. I love the expression on her cute little pudgy face. She is growing up to be a terrific, athletic, smart and beautiful girl. Niece Leigh Ann, I hope you like your card and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Hope you all have a great week - I'm just happy to be spending it at home. This has been a travel-filled summer for me and I'm weary of being away. Hopefully I'll have some time during the week to make some new cards and post them here. Then maybe Jenny will stop nagging me...

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Cardbase - DCWV
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey; Making Memories
Stamps - Lockhart Stamp Company (lavender); Stampabilities (sentiment)
Ribbon - May Arts
Brads - Making Memories
Punches - Martha Stewart; Stampin' UP!
Rhinestones - My Mind's Eye
Markers - Copic; Copic Spica
Ink - Versa Magic Chalk Ink - Eggplant; Memento Tuxedo Black

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

But, I like to nag you!
Cute card and sweet pic .... I am resisting the inchies.