Friday, August 1, 2008

A home without cats....

...is like a garden without flowers....
I love this sentiment and stamp. This is the first card for my first round of Repeat Impressions design team assignments. When I returned home last Friday from being on the road all week, I had a lovely package from Wendy with 28, count 'em 28, stamps with which to make cards. That's a LOT of stamps! So, this actually started out as a card for Scrap Chic Boutique, since this background paper is from my current assignment for the store, but after the card was finished and had a few emails with Wendy, I decided I need to send it to her because you really need to see it in real life to appreciate it - the picture doesn't do it justice. The finished card measures 6" x 6", which is a bit large for a 'normal' card anyway.

All of the flowers in the stamped image have been colored with Copic markers and then I used Copic's Spica glitter pens to add a touch of bling to them. It's impossible to get that really fine glitter to show up in a photo. I really love all the bright colors, which is not really my 'normal' style.

So if you head to a rubber stamp show in the future and Repeat Impressions has a booth there, look for this card because it is supposed to end up being displayed in the booth! Have a great weekend - I know I will since I'll be working on more cards! I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, including another card with this paper for Scrap Chic Boutique, but it's all fun!

Card details:
Patterned paper - KI Memories - Bloom Trellis
Card base - Basic Grey - Oh baby
Stamp - Repeat Impressions
Ribbon - SEI
Brads and eyelet - Making Memories
Markers - Copic
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

Love this, not my style either but the BRIGHT works!