Monday, September 15, 2008

Butterfly Wishes

This is my entry for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge this weekend, although I didn't use a cupcake image....I needed to make a card for Scrap Chic Boutique using the butterfly die and the patterned paper, so this sketch worked well.

I finally got around to using the CrafT Products Metallic Rub-ons that I bought at a stamp show a year ago....they are very fun and I'll be sure to use them some more. I used them on the embossed butterfly and I think it really makes the textures pop.

There's not a whole lot to this card (I seem to say that a lot....). I stamped a flourish in the bottom left and upper right corners because I have a hard time with white space. All of the swirls in the flourish stamps were colored over with my clear Spica marker, as were the purple swirls in the patterned paper. I also scribbled it all over the butterfly - I wish all the sparkle showed up in the photo.

The mats were all cutout with my Nestabilities. A little bling in the center of the butterfly and that's the card. Thanks for coming by. Hope you have a great week!

Card Details:
Paper: Glitz Design Gigi Swirls; green, purple and pale yellow card stock
Stamps: Autumn Leaves Elegant Flourishes; Savvy Stamps - sentiment
Bling - Heidi Swapp Pink Jewels
Marker - Copic Spica clear
Ink - Ranger Adirondack Eggplant
Metallic Rub-ons - Craf T Products

No comments: