Sunday, September 7, 2008

Remember me??

Hi! It's me, the world's worst blogger...Sorry for the long dry spell, but I've been on the road for the last few weeks, including last weekend, so my card making time has been quite limited.

I found a few hours yesterday to make some cards, so I've got a few I'll be able to share this week. This is one I made using stamps from Repeat Impressions and some new Basic Grey paper. This cat's colors are similar to one of our cats, Statia. She's a beautiful, very loving, albeit skittish, grey kitty.

I’m not very good about taking my card making supplies with me when I'm on the road, but I managed to take a few stamped images and my Copic markers with me last week so I could do some coloring, then I just had to put the cards together when I got home.

There’s nothing complicated about this card – the kitty was colored with Copic markers and her eyes got a little glimmer from my green and blue Spica markers. I cut out the image of the kitty and the sentiment using my Nestabilities and then colored the edges of both with one of my Copic markers instead of matting them. A few pieces of raffia were wrapped around the bottom of the patterned paper, and then both stamped images were adhered with foam tape. I added a raffia bow to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your patience during my blogging lapse!

Oh, by the way, check out the new Repeat Impressions Design Team Gallery, including a few from yours truly. ;-)

Have a great week!

Card details:
Patterned paper - Basic Grey Granola - Jute
Card base - Papertrey Ink Kraft Cardstock
Stamps - Repeat Impressions
Markers - Copic, Spica
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - Raffia, Nestabilities

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

I was wondering if you had left the country.... The card I LOVE it--- and that sentiment is great!