Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Give Thanks

We are feeling a little bit of Fall in the air here in Atlanta - the lows are in the low 60's and it's nice and crisp in the mornings. So, with that in mind, I made this card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. The butterflies were cut out with Spellbinder's Butterflies 2 dies. I rubbed some of the Metallic Rub-ons over them to bring out the texture of the cardstock. I added some rhinestones to the middle of each to give them a little body....har, har, har...
I did a little paper piercing in each of the left hand corners to add a little something in those bare spots. I dressed up the pattern paper by going over all the veins and outlines of the leaves with my clear Copic Spica marker - it really adds a nice sparkle that is so difficult to photograph. I also ran it over my sentiment to give it a little sparkle. Not much else to it.
There is one thing I need to mention to those of you who are new to reading blogs. If you have subscribed to my blog through Feedblitz and are receiving the posts via email, the emails are coming from Feedblitz, not from me, so if you would like to make a comment about a post, you need to either email me directly or come to the blog to post a comment, rather than replying to the Feedblitz email.
To come to the blog from the email, just click on the link for the blog title (Robin's Rubber Room) or the post title (e.g. Give Thanks). To post a comment, all you have to do is click on the link that says '0 Comments' at the end of the post. If you haven't subscribed, you can do that in the upper left portion of the blog where it says 'Subscribe via email' - just enter your email address and you will be notified each time I post and entry.
Thanks for stopping by - hope your week is going well!
Card Details:
Pattern Paper - Scenic Route Sonoma - Oak Lane
Stamp - Lockhart Stamp Company
Ink - Ranger Adirondack Caramel
Brads - BasicGrey
Rhinestones - Hero Arts Gemstones
Other - Metallic Rub-ons - CrafT Products; Spellbinders butterfly dies, Copic Spica marker (clear); paper piercing template - Darice

No comments: