Friday, July 4, 2008

A Veritable Frenzy!

Here is my second card using the Basic Grey Euphoria Frenzy paper. The flowers and scrolls in the stamp reminded me of the paper. I stamped it first in Adirondack Cranberry and then decided I wanted more of a purple scheme so I overstamped it with Adirondack Eggplant. It's mounted on some of Marco's Paper's Stardreams Stationery - I love that stuff for its little bit of shimmer.

The extra wide scalloped grosgrain ribbon provides some interesting challenges. For this card I used a rub-on sentiment, which worked pretty well with the grosgrain. I layered a second, smaller ribbon on top, accompanied by a small ribbon slide. A few little Dew Drops in the upper left corner and - boom - you're done!

Hope you're having a great Fourth of July holiday! Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Pattern Paper - Basic Grey Euphoria - Frenzy
Stamp - Autumn Leaves Botanicals
Rub-on - Die Cuts With a View
Ink - Ranger Adirondack Cranberry and Eggplant
Other - ribbon (lavender) - Scrap Arts, ribbon (wide grosgrain) - ??, Spellbinders Nestabilities, The Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Ribbon Slide - Making Memories

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

I would have never thought of using a rub on directly on the ribbon. Neat idea! TFS