Friday, December 5, 2008

Merry Christmas, dear friend

This card is a Stampin' UP! only card, which I think is a first for me so far. I really like the Ski Slope papers, so I've made a few cards with them this week. My massage therapist sells some of my cards at her spa and I needed to get a few Christmas cards ready to take to her when I go for my appointment tomorrow. I also used the sketch challenge from this week's card sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.

There isn't much to this card - I layered the three strips of patterned paper on top of another layer of patterned paper - too busy, maybe? I wrapped a bit of brown felt ribbon around the bottom of the middle strip.

Next, I stamped the Merry Christmas stamp from the Curly Label set twice, once in Old Olive and once in Riding Hood Red. I cut the sentiment from the Riding Hood Red version and popped it up with some foam tape on top of the Old Olive version, which I had cut out with the curly label punch. The panel was added to the card with some foam tape under the bottom so it rests flat against the ribbon.

I layered three of the felt snowflakes and stuck a rhinestone brad through the center for a little sparkle. I then adhered it all to a white card base.

Hope you've had a good week - mine has been busy and somewhat productive but I'm still ridiculously far behind...

Card details:
Patterned paper: Stampin' UP! Ski Slope
Stamp: Stampin' UP! Curly label punch set
Ink: Stampin' UP! Old Olive and Riding Hood Red
Misc. : Curly label punch; felt snowflakes and felt ribbon - Stampin' UP!

1 comment:

Loopster said...

Love that snowflake! And the sentiment is special! Great card.