Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Belli Challenge #95 - Alter It!


It's time for another Belli Challenge and this week's challenge is to alter something you have lying around.  I won this cute little clipboard from Becca Feeken a few months ago and it's been sitting in my stamp room unfinished ever since.  This challenge was just what I needed to get it altered!

I used Mercy Kerin's sketch from last week for my layout, painted the clipboard with a couple of coats of ivory paint and then covered the front with some October Afternoon papers (Report Card and Fly A Kite collections). I used stamps from Papertrey Ink's Studio Style set and colored the buttons and jar using Copic and Spica markers. 

I usually keep a list of cards that I need to make, for design team assignments, birthdays, challenges, etc.  I used the paper crafting theme because I'm planning to keep this in my stamp room with my list clipped to it for reference.  Hopefully this will keep me a little more organized so I don't find myself in a panic the day an assignment is due because I forgot all about it (which is exactly what happened with this clipboard....).

Be sure to head over to the Belli Challenge blog and see what the rest of the design team has altered!  If you'd like to play along with us, pull a long lost treasure out of your stash (think tins, picture frames, jars, clipboards, notebooks, etc.) and alter it!  Be sure to leave a link to your project over on today's post on the Belli blog or use keyword CBC95 if you post it to Splitcoast Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling little clipboard, Robin!!! The PTI stamps are adorable and I just love the colors and papers you used!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Cute as can be Robin!!! Love your alterd clipboard!!! Hugs ~S~

joy said...

ADORABLE clip board -- love the paper, the stamp -- everything!! And what a good idea to keep organized"!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This is so adorable, Robin!! I hope it works......organization is what we all strive for.....how come I miss the boat ALL the time/LOL!! TFS this cute clipboard!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!
qkk

Cassie said...

Oooo I love this project, Robin! Gorgeous choice of papers and image ;D

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your great clipboard and I love the idea to keep your projects organized! The sketch works perfectly for your DSP and design.

Thebug415 said...

How cute!!! Love the PP and the button image is very cute.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is so adorable Robin!!

such pretty colors & image, beautifully done!
blessings!

Ayana Posadas said...

What an adorable clip board!
So creative!!!

Ceal said...

adorable! I think quite a few of us had clipboards lying around (:

Melissa said...

Wow! Beautiful Job!!

Holly said...

I love this! Beautiful job with the papers and I love that stamped jar of buttons! (And no, I still haven't inked mine up yet!)