Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What If Wednesday Sketch Challenge - J2810

It's time for another sketch challenge over at The House That Stamps Built.  I decided to pair the sketch with this week's Stamp of the Week (Damselfly #4401) for a thank you note I need to send to someone who loves dragonflies and butterflies.  I stamped the damselfly using Aqua Mist ink on a sheet of light colored patterned paper.  I cut around the wings before I cut out the image using a Nestabilities curved rectangles die.  I learned how to do this technique from my friend Julie - you can read her instructions in this post on her blog. 

I adhered almost an entire strip of Memory Box pearls for the body and eyes - that was painful for this tightwad hoarder of embellishments!  I used two different border punches for the two mat layers and adhered the main panel using foam tape.

I painted the wings with some Twinkling H20s to make them shimmer as you can see in the close up.  All of the patterned papers are from Kaisercraft's Gypsy Sisters Collection and my card base is Bermuda Bay card stock from Stampin' UP!.
For the inside, I stamped my image again with the Aqua Mist ink and layered that on another sheet of the patterned paper.  I used an EK Success border punch for the bottom of the patterned paper panel.

That's about it!  Please be sure to hop over to The House That Stamps Built to see what the rest of the design team has done with the sketch.  We'd love for you to play along and make a card using this week's sketch.  The details for participating can be found over on the Repeat Impressions' blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Ohhhhh ouch!!! I'm proud of you for "letting go!!" The results are beautiful. I love the twinks on the wings as it is the perfect shimmer for this damselfly. Beautiful card, girlie!

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh - this is beautiful, Robin! I love the color of the dragonfly, and the pearls are awesome.

Jenny Gropp said...

The shimmer wings and pearl body on this are FANTASTIC!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Robin I am proud of you for letting go of those pearls!! THe Damselfly is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Robin!! I love the shimmer on the wings and pearls!! Fabulous design inside & out!

Julie said...

Love what you've done with all the pearls...so pretty!

Darsie Bruno said...

this is fabulous, Robin! Love the rhinestone touch to the dragonfly!

Leslie Miller said...

Perfect for your friend! Love those shimmery wings and the body made of pearls!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Robin! I love the pearls for the body and the colors are fabulous.