Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Old Bird (C4C44, JUGS40)


Greetings! Hope you had a Happy 4th of July!  My closest friend from college had her 50th birthday on Saturday and this is the card I made for her.  I'm most excited about the fact that I will be able to give it to her in person since she and her family are coming to visit tomorrow.  I usually make her something with owls because we were in Chi Omega together.  There is very little stamping on this card - the sentiment is from Inkadinkado and the branch and leaves are from this year's Round and Round anniversary set from PTI.  I cut one of the owls from the  patterned paper and perched it on my branch.

For the inside, I used a sentiment from Heidi Grace, combined with a couple of PTI stamps.  I'm hoping the sappy sentiment on the inside will make up for the sentiment on the front (click on the photo to see it larger)!  I cut out another bird from the patterned paper and popped it up with foam tape next to the sentiment.

The patterned papers are from My Little Shoebox's Whoo Loves You? collection, the pink ribbon is from Stampin' UP, the piece of yellow ric rac is the last bit from my stash and the buttons and twine are from PTI.  The card is based on this week's sketch from Just Us Girls (JUGS40).  The two layers of ribbon on the front qualifes it for this week's Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C44) challenge to use at least two ribbons.

Enjoy the rest of your week!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this sketch challenge. My mom used to love owls so I still smile when I see owls. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope you had a lovely 4th of July.

Carla said...

What an adorable card!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a pretty card Robin!! Love the owls. I hope you had a great visit together!!

Kathryn B said...

May not be much stampin' but it's a fabulous card none the less and I'm sure your friend is gonna love it with all those cute owls!!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Anonymous said...

That is just TOOOOOOOOOO cute and totally matching paper, of course. She will love it.
qkk

Lynette said...

Darling card, Robin, and how fun to be able to give it to her in person!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card and so fun!!! I bet your friend loved her special birthday card :)!!! Hope you all had a great visit!?! Hugs ~S~

Chris said...

Great card...I love how you matched it all up with the paper!