Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Belli Challenge #96 - Sketch and Something That Moves!


It's time for another Belli Challenge! This week's challenge is a combination - a sketch challenge, plus something that moves.  In keeping with the Belli philosophy of using long-held items from you stash, I pulled out this ready-made shaker box with the palm tree and waves in the background.  I have had this shaker box from Magic Scraps for probably 5 years...from back in the days when I thought I was going to be a scrapbooker! 

I tossed in a fish charm and starfish and sand dollar buttons and then added some sand to make up my moving element.  Here's a closer shot of it:

I stamped the sentiment, from Impression Obsession, directly on the background paper, which is from Webster's Pages Seaside Retreat 6x6 paper pad.  I added a strip of striped paper, also from this collection, leftover from a previous card and layered it with some fish ribbon from American Crafts.  The ribbon and the shaker box were both white, so I toned them down by sponging them with some Old Paper and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.



For the inside of my card, I used a scrap of wave paper from my stash and added one of the Webster's Pages Journaling Cards, also from Seaside Retreat.  I stamped my sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set, directly on the Journaling Card.  I attached them both to a piece of ivory card stock that I had cut the top and bottom edges of using an EK Success border punch.

We'd love for you to play along!  All you have to do is make a card or other project using this sketch and include something that moves.  You can make a shaker card like I did, or a spinner or waterfall card, or you can use an image that appears to be moving.  Most importantly, use something old and neglected out of your stash! 

To play along, link your project over on today's Belli Challenge post.  Make sure you also head over there to check out what the rest of the Design Team made using the sketch and something that moves!

 Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Wonderful card, Robin! I love that image and papers! Such a cute card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

A ready made shaker box? And it took you 5 years to use it!! WOW, Robin!! I love it with the charms and sand.....it really does move. I think it's fun to see all the different ways we interpreted this challenge!! Great job, GF!! TFS.

Janine said...

Nice job Robin!! and I just love the Button Flower thanks card below.

Maria Matter said...

how cool is this!!!! Fabulous creation Robin...wish I were there! lol
take care and have a happy day!
hugs & blessings!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!
qkk

Joan Ervin said...

What a great idea to use the shaker box...it goes perfectly with that gorgeous paper!!! Love how you finished off the inside, too!!!!!

Dani said...

Love the shaker box, glad you pulled it out of exile! lol! Gorgeous card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Way to get out the old and neglected supplies- certainly not outdated either- this is lovely- love the shaker card and love the inside too-wonderful project!

Ayana Posadas said...

SO cute! Love it! :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous card Robin. Love the shaker box!! I love how you used the Websters Pages. I have some and hadn't quiet figured out what to do with it yet.

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous project GF!!! Love your idea..the shaker box is the BOMB!!! Hugs ~S~

joy said...

Great shaker card and the inside is just wonderful! Great job!!

Jenny Gropp said...

BEEEEEUUUATIFUL! Love this--- super creative paper choices!!!