Monday, July 26, 2010

Stamp of the Week - Damselfly


It's time for a new Stamp of the Week at Repeat Impressions!  This week's featured stamp is Damselfly (# 4401).  I love this stamp!  It can be used for so many occasions.  Tim recently mentioned to me on a Friday morning that he needed a birthday card for a friend in New York whose birthday was the following Monday.  So much for planning ahead!  I was able to scrounge up a previously made masculine card, but  decided that I needed to have some more on hand for the next last minute request, so this card was born!

I stamped the Damselfly image on the dotted patterned paper and again on another sheet of card stock and cut the second one out and adhered it on top of the one on the patterned paper.  I ran my Versamark pen over the wings and dusted on some pearlescent powder to make them shimmer.

The patterned papers are all from The Paper Studio's Mirabelle collection.  The dragonfly brad is from Creative Impressions and I used an EK Success border punch  and various Nestabilities dies for the different layers  For the inside I used the same border punch and some of my scraps from the front.

Please head over to The House That Stamps Built for details on how you can get this wonderful, versatile stamp for 50% off.  While you're there, be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has done with this stamp!

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Lynette said...

What a gorgeous card, Robin! I love the color combination. I would love to see it in real life - I bet the pearlescent wings are awesome!

Julie said...

Very pretty, love the colors and that little brad on there.

Karen said...

Totally stunning work Robin. All cards are absolutely gorjus.

Love Karen x

Holly said...

Oh, Robin, this is beautiful. Love the warm colors and the way the dragonfly blends in with the background.

joy said...

Robin, the wings on your damselfly look so delicate! Great stamping on a beautiful card.

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Robin the wings are fantastic! I love this color combination too! Gorgeous card!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layers and colors, Robin! This card is super gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I love that deep red with the kraft color. Very good, as usual.
qkk

Whimsey said...

So very pretty and delicate; love it!!

Dana Joy said...

Fabulous card Robin.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Robin! I love the colors and the wonderful shapes.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card, Robin....the dragonfly is sooo pretty and what gorgeous colors and layout...I just love this awesome design!!!

Darsie Bruno said...

this is fabulous, Robin! I have that paper stack as well, and just love every single sheet in it! Wonderful card!