Sunday, November 13, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge - Baby Yourself



I had a chance to play along with this week's sketch challenge over at My Favorite Things and made a birthday card using the Pure Innocence Lather, Rinse Repeat set.  The image was colored using Copic markers.  I paper pieced the bathtub and the shower cap and used Polar Ice Flower Soft for the bubbles.  The rubber ducky is popped up on a small foam square.  The mat panel was cut out using the Oval Decorative Doily die.  The patterned papers are from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop and Ducks in a Row collections.

The Birthday Girl sentiment is from the Pure Innocence My Balloon set.  Both sentiments were stamped on card stock that was cut out using the Oval Tab die, but I cut off the ends on the Birthday Girl panel using scallop edge scissors to make it fit better. I cut the three scalloped layers on the right side using the Scalloped Scallop die and staggered them.

I repeated the scalloped layers on the inside and used the Happy Birthday image from More Essential Sentiments.    I also repeated the rubber ducky from the front and colored it using Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Too cute! Love the colors!