Wednesday, November 30, 2011

RI Sketch Challenge - From One Flake to Another!

We have a new sketch challenge starting today over at The House That Stamps Built!  This is a good sketch to help you get those Christmas cards finished up!  For my sample card, I used Tiny Twig Hair Snowman (2016-D) and the sentiment is One Flake to Another (8904-I).  To create the background layer, I embossed red card stock with a Cuttlebug folder and used my brayer to add white ink to the raised snowflakes.


I stamped the snowman and colored his scarf and nose using Copic markers.  I outlined the image while it was still in the die and added a snowflake to the bottom left corner.  The striped ribbon is from Stampin' UP! and I layered my sentiment on top with some red twine and a bow. 

While I had my supplies out, I made second card, using the tent topper style I've been basing the rest of my Christmas cards on.

Two more Christmas cards to add to my stash! I'm slowly making progress!
Please be sure to make your way over to The House That Stamps Built to peek at the cards the rest of the team has made using the sketch and to find the rules for playing along with us!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh love what you dud with the background! Awesome cards~

Unknown said...

Beautiful set of cards! I love the snowflakes background!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Robin, how could I NOT comment on a wonderful RED card??? Great job...and what a perfect sentiment! Hugs, my friend!

Lynette said...

Love it, Robin! Your snowman is so cute and what a great idea to trace the edge of the die. Love the tent topper card, too. Glad you're making progress on your cards. I finally feel like I'm making some progress, too. Whew!

Jenny Gropp said...

Wondering who the flake is that you are sending these too! LOL! Cute design!