Monday, November 28, 2011

Outlines - Hang it Up!



Good Monday morning! Did you have a nice Thanksgiving weekend? We had lots of good food and wine and even managed to get the Christmas tree up and the decorations out!

This week's challenge over at Outlines is 'Hang It Up' - make an ornament or wall hanging, anything but a card!  I created an ornament using Plain Ornament (H-183) and just the snowman image from Christmas Layering Collage (K-704).  I inked up the snowman with a black Memento marker and stamped it on white card stock, then I stamped the Plain Ornament around it. 

I 'colored' the snowman's body and the snowy background, using Viva Holo Iridescent Glitter Liner.  The scarf and hat were colored using Copic markers.  I stamped just the words from Let It Snow Sq. Sm (B-752), cut it out using a 1" circle punch and layered it on the red Nestabilities die because the shape reminded me of a snowflake.  I cut the ornament out and added Viva Glass Effect Gel - Crystal Clear to the top of the ornament, on the front and back, to give it stability.  Once it was dry, I hung it on the tree!

Please be sure to look up the details for playing along with this week's challenge over at the Outlines blog and also check out the great cards the rest of the team has made:

Jeanne Streiff - Inky Paws
Jenny Gropp - One Krafty Kat
Kecia Waters - Stamping Deets
Lisa Silver - Silver Stamping

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lisa Silver said...

Aw!!! This snowman is SO cute! This makes a great ornament!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Cute combo of stamps with that open ornament design! I love the Glitter Pens!!! Did the Clear pen keep flat when it dried or make it curl???