Wednesday, November 9, 2011

RI DCC Challenge - Waterfall card

We are starting a new challenge over at The House That Stamps Built and this time the challenge is to make a fall-themed waterfall card!  Waterfall cards are always fun and Repeat Impressions has a bunch of fun Flip Stamp sets and supplies that make them so easy to make!
For my card, I used Cake Flip (7207-W) for the waterfall parts and Falling Leaves (3306-I) for the background.

I colored the leaves with colored pencils and blended with Gamsol.  The cake images were colored using Copic markers.

I added some Cream Viva Decor Paint Pen for the frosting dots on the cake and for the candles.  I colored the flames on the candles with a yellow Spica glitter pen.

The sentiment stamp I used on the inside is Fire Permit (7008-F) and I stamped the last cake image again and colored the candles with Spica markers.

Please be sure to head over to The House That Stamps Built to find out the rules for playing along with us and to see the great waterfall cards the rest of the team has created!  If you want to try your hand at making a waterfall card, but aren't sure where to start, here is a a link to a good tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers to get you started!  Wendy also includes great instructions in her Flip Card Kits to take the guess work out of it!
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

A very pretty flip/waterfall card, Robin! I love the way you decorated the cake. Great sentiment on the inside, too:)

joy said...

Ha, Ha, I laughed at your inside sentiment! Too cute. I love the colors and how you frames your beautifully colored images.

Unknown said...

This is so fun!! I want this flip card stamps so bad! Wonderful leaves background and SB layers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute the way you added more and more and ..........more candles! :) Cute card!

Miriam said...

Especially love the sentiment! Great card!