Friday, October 24, 2008

All is calm....

This seemed like an appropriate sentiment after our experience last week with tropical storm Omar...

And yes, I'm aware that I did a better job of posting last week while I was on vacation than I have this week while I've been home, but it's not for lack of things to post. I've been working on a lot of things, I just can't post them yet...

So this is a simple card I made earlier in the week. The image is from Repeat Impressions, and was colored with my Koh-I-Noor pencils and Gamsol. I added a little Liquid Applique for the snow, then mounted it on some green card stock and then on the patterned paper. The sentiment was cut out with my long rectangle Nestabilities and I drew a green border while it was still in the die, but then decided it needed a little more color, so I added a red border too. It was mounted with some foam tape and I added a few half back pearls from Stampin' UP! and that's it!

So, after I photographed the card, I was reviewing all the photos on my memory stick, which were from our vacation last week, and decided I'd post a few of them here so you can see what it was like. They aren't great photos, but you'll get the idea anyway.



This was the beginning of the end of the dock at our hotel (Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn). We spent the first two days of our trip diving right off the end of this dock. The beauty of Bonaire is that there is great shore diving all over the island, and all of the hotels on the west side of the island have nice house reefs right off shore.

We did five dives the first two days and then Omar came and we watched the waves and wind systematically tear up the docks and other structures.



This next photo is of the dock at the resort next door to us, the Divi Flamingo. It was kind of ironic that the day before the storm hit, we watched some guys painting the top level of the dock, only to have it torn up during the storm. You know what they say - timing is everything!




And this was what was left of the Carib Inn's dock after it was over:



Never underestimate the power of water....

Hope you've had a good week and I promise I'll have some things to post next week!

1 comment:

shulsart said...

Very simple, yet beautiful card, great job, Robin. How awful to have to deal with that storm on your vacation. Glad you are home safe.