Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Joys of Nature

I made this card using the sketch from last week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. I stamped the bunnies using Memento London Fog ink and colored them in with my Koh-I-Noor pencils. The colors were blended with some Gamsol and paper stumps. For the bunny's hat, scarf, mittens, tops of his boots, and the snow, I added some flocking. The red flocking is a bit bright for my liking, but frankly, I'm not sure how to tone it down without making it look dirty, so I left well enough alone. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to add a comment!

The bow on the wreath and the bunnies' eyes were glammed up with some Stickles. The sky was airbrushed with my Copic airbrush system and the edges were distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink and my paper distresser.

The sentiment was stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy and all the panels were matted with Stampin' UP! Handsome Hunter card stock.

That's about it. Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Pattern Paper: The Paper Studio - Holly; Red and Green plaid - ??
Card stock: Stampin' UP! Handsome Hunter
Stamps: Repeat Impressions
Ink: Memento London Fog and Cottage Ivy; Ranger Distress Inks - Antique Linen
Other: Koh-I-Noor colored pencils, gamsol, Copic Markers, Stickles, Flocking (Stampendous and Doodlebug Designs), Perfect Layers, Tim Holtz paper distresser

2 comments:

Loopster said...

That is PRECIOUS!!!! Love it alot.

The Rubber Maid said...

Hi Robin, very cute bunny and your papers are great. I'm starting my cards for Christmas now so I don't have to scramble at the last min.
Take care and have a great weekend. Pat