Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ho! Ho! Ho!

This is a Christmas card I made for Repeat Impressions using three of Wendy's stamps. The red and green holly paper on the left side of the card was made using her Holly Sprig stamp and coloring using my Copic Markers.

This is a criss cross card and I made it after I saw Beate's tutorial on how to do it. I've made one before, but didn't have the measurements, and her tutorial had them included, so it made it very easy. It's really pretty quick to do and is a nice change of pace from a traditional card.

I made the scalloped medallion that the santa is adhered to after seeing last week's tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers. It's a quick way to create a different type of frame for your focal point.

Santa's eyes were given a little twinkle courtesy of Stickles glitter glue. His red hat, rosy cheeks and pink lips came courtesy of my Copic Markers. He was adhered to the scalloped medallion with some foam tape to raise him up a bit. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to it. The most time consuming part was coloring in all the holly leaves and berries, because I made an entire 8 1/2 x 11" page of it, so you'll be seeing that again!

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Details:
Card stock: Stampin UP!
Stamps: Repeat Impressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' UP Riding Hood Red
Misc.: Copic Markers; Stickles

No comments: