Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ho Ho Ho!


I made this card using last week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stamper's. How are these for non-traditional Christmas colors?

I've had this Outlines stamp for a while but hadn't ever used it, and I thought it paired well with this Santa paper from Glitz Design. You can't tell from the photo, but there are three layers to the stamped image. I stamped the entire image three times, then cut out the holly/scroll frame and mounted that on top of the full image with some foam tape and then cut out the Ho Ho Ho layer from the third stamping and mounted it a little higher with a double layer of foam tape. And I can hardly believe it - I didn't use any Nestabilities on this card! I actually made two cards today and didn't use the Nestabilities on either one.

The image was colored with Copic markers, including the red and green borders. The diamond shapes were colored with a gold metallic pen, then topped with some gold Stickles. The holly berries also had some Stickles added to give them a little sparkle and dimension. Finally, I went over the black scrolls with my black Copic Spica marker to add a bit more shine.

Hope you had a nice weekend, I certainly did! My Krafty Kat friends came over Saturday for lunch and an afternoon of stamping related fun. They showered me with lovely cards and gifts for my birthday, which was Saturday. They are a wonderful bunch of women and I am so thrilled to have been asked to join the group.

Enjoy your week and thanks for looking!

Card Details:
Patterned Paper: Glitz Design - Kringle Santa and Kringle Flourish
Card Stock: Stampin' UP!
Stamp: Outlines
Markers: Copic and Copic Spica; gold metallic pen
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc.:Stickles; Perfect Layers; foam tape

2 comments:

Loopster said...

Cute Card!!! Very Cute Santas...love yellow for Christmas, unusual but I like it.

Jenny Gropp said...

great card --- fab paper!