Friday, February 18, 2011

Babies are Heaven Sent


Happy Friday!  Today I have a baby card that a friend asked me to make for a baby girl whose room is green and purple.  Not very traditional colors for a baby, but it's a combination I like!  I used Kaisercraft's Lilac Avenue 6x6 pad for the patterned papers and the border strips.  The focal image is from Flourishes Rock-a-Bye set, the Babies are Heaven Sent sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Bitty Baby Blessings sets and the Welcome, Valeria was created using a JustRite Stampers alphabet set - perfect for creating custom sentiments like this.

The image was stamped directly on the patterned paper and colored using Copic markers, as was the twine for my bow.  The blanket was paper pieced.  The layout is from this week's Sweet Sunday sketch #104 and the card also qualifies for this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #105, which is to use three patterned papers.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Miriam said...

At First I thought that paper was basic grey wisteria! Beautiful card and patterns. Great color job. Please get rid of the word verification on your blog comments! lol

Loopster said...

Precious card...I love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh just HEAVENLY!!

Anonymous said...

That image is just too PRECIOUS! And I have always loved green and purple together. Very, very pretty.
qkk

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh my goodness!! Robin, this is so beautiful and sweet!! I love how you stamped on the DP...what a fantastic design! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Betty Wright said...

Robin, this is adorable! Love how you incorporated the patterns! Lovely baby card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!

Bev Gerard said...

Wow! This is over-the-top precious! The image is colored so beautifully, and I adore that it's stamped on the dsp. Your custom sentiment is a treasure of its own. Love this, Robin!

~Bev