Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RI Sketch Challenge - It's a Boy!


It's time for another sketch challenge over at Repeat Impressions!  For my card I used this adorable Ducks on a String (1612-G) image and paired it with the It's A Boy (1612-E) sentiment.  I used up some patterned paper scraps from my scrap drawer and added some teeny-weeny buttons for the wheels under the ducks and for the three round elements at the end of each horizontal panel.  I added a little sparkle by using a couple of Spica pens and using some Stickles for the ducks' eyes.

Here is this week's sketch, which I obviously turned on its side.  We'd love to have you play along with us and make a card using this sketch.  Please head over to The House That Stamps Built for details on submitting your entry and to see the wonderful cards the rest of the team made using the sketch - there are some real stunners!
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Robin, it is an adorable card. Love the use of buttons as an embellishment including on the wheels. Also the dp is perfect!

joy said...

What an adorable card you have made! The tiny buttons for wheels are so clever!

Anonymous said...

CUTE
CUTE
CUTE
qkk

Whimsey said...

Super cute card; love your DP and your coloring is fabulous!

Ayana Posadas said...

This is just ADORABLE! Such a sweet card and I love how you added the buttons to the row of ducks.

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG Robin this is just the cutest card - I love the sketch turned and I love these colors!!

Unknown said...

Robin, this is super cute!! I love the tiny buttons and how you used them! Wonderful job on the challenge too.

Miriam said...

beautiful colors! love the softness of the blue. Darling!

Karen Hasheck said...

I was out of town so am just now catching up on checking out the team cards and commenting- love your sketch card- great colors and use of the sketch!

Joan Ervin said...

What an absolutely adorable image, Robin, and I love how you used the buttons for the wheels....toooo cute!!!!!

BusyBeeStampin said...

This one is cute too. Love those little ducks.